Here are our top 10 blackjack tips. These expert blackjack tips will ensure you get the best odds when playing blackjack.
- Count cards and bet based on the Count (optional)
- Know how many Aces are left in the deck. Aces increase your chances of getting blackjack. If you have access to a side-bet that favors blackjack. Take the side-bet when the deck is rich in aces and tens for a slightly risky, but high short term return.(optional)
- Never take side-bets (unless the count favors a side-bet)
- Assume the dealer has a 10
- Stand on 12 or higher if dealer is showing 6 or lower
- Hit on 12 or higher if dealer is showing 7 or higher
- Don’t split things that start with a “f” (fours, fives, faces) or 10s
- Always split Aces and 8s
- Always double down on 11
- Never double down on 8 or lower, or 13 or higher
Following the above rules you will increase your odds of winning substantially.
If haven’t learned at least basic card counting strategy and/or basic blackjack strategy, you should keep in mind the Casino will still have the edge and statistically you will lose money over time.
Simply following rules 3 – 10 to play better than the average BJ player and bring your edge pretty darn close to 50%.
You’ll break some of the rules when using perfect strategy and have mastered the count, but for now simply following the above will bring down a potential house edge of around 4% – 1% or less.